Evaluation Criteria for Affiliate Marketing
The independent authority on search vendors, topseos, evaluates and ranks the best affiliate program management companies in the industry. Through our in-depth evaluation process topseos determines the quality of a company's business practices. We often times go a step farther by talking with existing clients in order to obtain evaluations. topseos then puts all of this information together and compiles a list of the best.
topseos identifies companies as the best based on five keys areas: network, implementation, monitoring, reporting, and optimization.
The first aspect that we review is the network. Both the size and the quality of the network of advertisers are analyzed. Does the company have a large network of quality advertisers, or is the network full of advertisers who either are not very active or who use poor practices that ultimately hurt the reputation of your company?
We then evaluate the implementation of the program. How quickly did they start connecting with advertisers to start the affiliate program? How effective was their process of making sure that links are set up?
Monitoring is an important aspect of program management. This includes an analysis of how a company is reviewing tactics implemented by advertisers in order to ensure that good practices are being used.
The fourth aspect evaluated by us is the vendor’s reporting. How often are reports provided to clients informing them of the current status of the campaign? Do the reports include click rates and other analytics information?
Lastly we review the optimization processes of the vendor. Is the vendor looking for new ways to adjust the campaign to improve performance? How is the analytics information used to assess needed changes in the program?
A few questions that we may ask clients of an affiliate marketing firm to gauge their level of expertise are:
- What type of needs analysis was conducted before work initiated?
- What type of a ROI were you anticipating, what was achieved and in what time frame?
- What would be 3 things you would change about your experience?
- What was your total investment?
- Rate your overall experience (1-10; 10 being the highest).
Project Specific Queries:
- How often are reports provided about current status of the campaign?
- Do the reports include click rates and other analytics information?
- Is the vendor looking for new ways to adjust the campaign to improve performance?
- How is the analytics information used by the vendor to assess needed changes in the program?
- How quickly did the vendor start connecting with advertisers to start the affiliate program?