Evaluation Criteria for Pay Per Click Management
topseos, the independent authority on search vendors, has done the research into the best practices of the pay per click campaign management processes. Since 2002, our research and rankings only show companies that have proven they are the best. Companies on our list have excelled in campaign analysis, keyword selection, effective ad creation, cost per acquisition minimization, and automation.
The first evaluation that topseos uses is campaign analysis. How in-depth does the company go to understand the current strategy if any? How does the company monitor and adjust the campaign?
After campaign analysis, we evaluate a vendor’s keyword selection process. How do they identify competitive keywords? Are the keywords selected targeted to the market audience of the client?
The third factor that we evaluate is the effectiveness of a vendor’s ad creation. This includes reviewing their ability to write PPC ads that gain attention, deliver the message, and drive traffic to the client website.
The vendor’s minimization of the cost per acquisition is another vital aspect evaluated by us. Are the ads pointed to landing pages that are going to help convert off of what is being advertised? Do the ads effectively target the person searching for the product or service?
The last component evaluated is automation. Does a vendor have proprietary tools that automate the continuous bidding process and other aspects of the PPC campaign? If not, what tools are employed, if any, to automate the process? Once the campaign is setup, what level of management does the vendor have to maintain on the project?
A few of the questions that we may ask clients of these pay per click management firms are:
- What type of needs analysis was conducted before work initiated?
- What type of a ROI were you anticipating, what was achieved and in what time frame?
- What would be 3 things you would change about your experience?
- What was your total investment?
- Rate your overall experience (1-10; 10 being the highest).
Project Specific Queries :
- How is your PPC campaign monitored actively and how are the bid adjustments made?
- How were your click-through rates improved?
- What techniques were utilized to lower the cost per conversion?
- Are the PPC campaign reports useful and easy to understand?
- By what % have you increased your PPC budget and over what time?