Evaluation Criteria for Social Media Management
The independent authority on Search vendors, topseos.com, evaluates and ranks the best in the online marketing industry. Our process of investigating each of our five core values allows us to effectively and efficiently evaluate the top Social Media Management agencies. Our research team delves into a vendor's business practices and compares them against industry standards to ensure that the work is quality. Often times we connect directly to the clients of a vendor and ask about their overall experience.
There are five key areas identified by topseos as significant for providers of Social Media Management services:
Each social media management software is evaluated on the number of channels and quality of channel syndication that is available. How well is content formatted for each channel? What level of automation is available?
The integration features that enable other platforms to integrate into the software is also evaluated. Do they integrate into popular enterprise system or CRM platforms that have high market integration? Do they allow for data import and extraction?
The analytics features are also evaluated based on the depth of analysis, the amount of information available to the user, and how clear the information is portrayed within the application. Any features that allow for data to be exported, printed, or otherwise provided in a report format are also evaluated.
The number of features in the feature set for both essential and non-essential functions are gauged and compared between different software solutions. Does the platform maintain a set of features that are essential for social media management? What other features are available that could make the project easier? Are the non-essential tools actually helpful? Do they provide value to the client?
The available support options and the speed of the support team is also important. The availability of priority support options, phone and virtual support, and the procedures for supporting the customer is also an essential part of our evaluation. How quick can a customer receive a response? What levels of technical support are available and how quick are they able to return a result?
A few questions that we may ask clients of a social media management software solution to gauge the level of quality are:
- What type of needs analysis was conducted before work initiated?
- What type of a ROI were you anticipating, what was achieved and in what time frame?
- What would be 3 things you would change about your experience?
- What was your total investment?
- Rate your overall experience (1-10; 10 being the highest).
Project Specific Queries:
- How simple was the process of setting up the PPC automation software?
- How effective was the software at monitoring various social media accounts?
- What features of the software did you find to be most helpful? Most effective?
- What types of reports were generated by the software?
- Did you have to contact the support team for the software solution? If so, how helpful were they?