Evaluation Criteria for Video Production
The independent authority on search vendors, topseos.com, evaluates and ranks the best in the internet marketing industry. Through in-depth vendor analysis, review of work completed, and client evaluation, we put together a list of the top video production agencies in the industry. Our in-depth analysis delves into a vendor’s business practices and compares them against industry standards to ensure that the work is quality. Often times we connect directly to the clients of a vendor and ask about their overall experience as well as details about the processes, reporting, and success of the campaign.
There are five key areas identified by topseos as significant for a successful video production campaign:
The overall production quality compares the quality of the video at final production compared to the final works of similar video production agencies. Comparisons are made at multiple levels to determine the overall quality.
Animation quality focuses on the computer generated animations used in the final production of the video and the processes used to generate the animation for use in high quality video environments. The software used and the design principles integrated into the video production campaign are also evaluated.
The overall quality of the use of actors or the use of stock footage obtained from third-party sources is compared to the quality seen in videos produced by similar video production agencies. Believable scenes and the quality of oral communications are evaluated and compared between agencies.
The firm’s overall ability to adequately communicate with clients is evaluated to ensure that clients are given plenty of opportunity to influence the final product created for their own purposes. Using client input on animations, actors, and other aspects of video can create a more relevant final product.
Optimization for distribution in a wide range of media (online distribution, television distribution, or other various video distribution methods) is compared to the video quality when converted for selected methods of distribution by multiple vendors while being compared to industry standards. The codecs used to optimize the video for distribution are also evaluated.
A few questions that we may ask clients of a video production agency to gauge their level of expertise are:
- What type of needs analysis was conducted before work initiated?
- What type of ROI were you anticipating, what was achieved and in what time frame?
- What would be three things you would change about your experience?
- What was your total investment?
- Rate your overall experience (1-10; 10 being the highest).
Project Specific Queries:
- How quick were you able to receive a quote for the videos you were looking to have produced?
- How long did the overall process take to get the final product?
- Were there any specific recommendations that you made for the video production? If so, how well was the vendor able to follow them?
- What kind of quality did you expect in the final product? What level of quality do you believe you have received?
- Were there any aspects of the process that you believe should have been improved upon?