Evaluation Criteria for Enterprise SEO
The independent authority on search vendors, topseos.com, evaluates and ranks the best in the Internet Marketing industry. Through in-depth vendor analysis, review of work completed, and client evaluation, we put together a list of the top enterprise search engine optimization companies in the industry. Our list of companies focuses on service providers that are capable of handling search engine marketing projects for enterprise agencies with a large presence in their agency or a long reach in multiple marketings. Often times we connect with clients of each seo agency to ask about their overall experience as well as details about the processes, reporting, and success of their campaigns.
There are five key areas identified by topseos as significant for a successful Enterprise SEO campaign:
Each enterprise SEO agency's internal processes for search engine optimization is evaluated based on the overall effectiveness and the effect that each process has on the overall project. Are there internal processes that cover various important aspects of a successful search engine optimization campaign?
A look into the technology used behind the scenes to power their services along with proprietary tools and software is done to better understand the advantage that each agency has over its competitors and the effect that such technology can have on the end result.
The overall core leadership is taken into account during evaluation to better understand the people that drive the company and shape its future. How does each leader bring their expertise to the table? How do they guide their teams through the processes and projects to ensure completion?
The thought behind the leadership is as important as the people leading. What types of philosophies and values are stressed internally? Which are applied to each project to ensure the best quality of service possible?
The overall knowledge of the search engine optimization team is also evaluated. Does the SEO team simply follow a list of steps or do they understand the reasoning behind each process or step? Does this knowledge shape the direction of each project to create a unique campaign?
A few questions that we may ask clients of an enterprise SEO vendor to gage their level of expertise are:
- What types of needs analysis was conducted before work initiated?
- What type of ROI were you anticipating, what was achieved and in what time frame?
- What would be three things you would change about your experience?
- What was your total investment?
- Rate your overall experience (1-10; 10 being the highest).
Project Specific Queries
- How extensively planned was your search engine optimization project?
- Do you feel that your search engine optimization provider was able to handle the project at their size?
- How comprehensive, specific, and useful are the reports that are offered? What metrics were covered? Did they answer your questions about your service?
- How well did the project perform within the first six months? After the first six months? How does it compare to now?
- What additional steps were you notified about or advised about taking with your online marketing initiatives?