Evaluation Criteria for Press Release Distribution
topseos, the independent authority on search vendors, has done the research into the best press release distribution practices. Since launching in 2002, our research and rankings only show companies that have proven they are the best. Companies on our list have excelled in submission process, optimization, distribution network, analytics, and support.
The first part of our evaluation reviews the submission process. Does the vendor provide an online submission process, or is it handled through email?
Next we assess the optimization capabilities offered by the vendor. Does the press release distribution service provide search engine optimization tools or other ways to help make sure the release is optimized to reach the target audience? Do these tools help to identify keyword density or other important ranking factors?
The size of the distribution network is another important factor when choosing a PR distribution firm. Are the releases picked up by various online news feeds or is it left to work its way through the organic results?
A fourth component evaluated is the vendor’s analytics. How many times is the headline being viewed? How many full-page reads have there been? Does the vendor provide detailed statistical information for your PR?
Lastly, we evaluate the customer support offered by the vendor. How does a company help clients to process their press release submission? What kind of response time do you receive on questions that are submitted? If there is a revision that needs to be taken care of, how long does it take to update that information?
There are many important questions to ask and our rigorous evaluation process ensures that only the best companies are recognized. To view the latest rankings of the best press release distribution companies visit www.topseos.com/rankings. Or if you would like us to help you find the right company for your needs and budget, fill out the contact us form on topseos.com.
Here are a few questions that we may ask clients of these firms as part of our evaluation process:
- What type of needs analysis was conducted before work initiated?
- What type of a ROI were you anticipating, what was achieved and in what time frame?
- What would be 3 things you would change about your experience?
- What was your total investment?
- Rate your overall experience (1-10; 10 being the highest).
Project Specific Queries:
- How many of your press releases were read?
- How many conversions can you attribute to your press releases?
- How was the effectiveness and reach of your press release measured?
- How long did it take before your press release was picked up by Google News, Yahoo News, and the like?
- How big of a distribution network were you able to tap into for your requirement? How many journalists were available to send your release to?