Evaluation Criteria for Video SEO
topseos.com evaluates and ranks the best video search engine optimization company in the industry. As the independent authority on search vendors, we complete an in-depth analysis of every vendor on the list by looking into their processes. Often times we contact clients to obtain evaluations. The top vendors are rated by us and are compiled on a list of the best.
Five key areas that we identified as important to video SEO are: video keyword analysis, on-page optimization, off-page optimization, reach, and reporting methods.
The first aspect is video keyword analysis. This includes evaluating a vendor's keyword selection by reviewing the competition for the given keywords. This may include assessing each keyword to determine how targeted the keyword is to the video presentation. Was the vendor responsive to the keywords desired by their clients?
Next we evaluate the vendor’s on-page optimization work. We may then evaluate the vendor's on-page optimization work. How does the company prioritize selected keyworks within the title and meta tags? How dense was keyword usage in the video description?
Another important aspect of video SEO that we review is the off-page optimization. How effective is the vendor at driving traffic to the video? Do they use blog sites, social networks, and other link building tactics to gain traffic? Are the sites that are selected reaching the target market of the video.
A fourth component of our review is reach. How large are the distribution networks where the videos are being posted? Does the company post only with YouTube or do they post to other video networks as well such as Vimeo? Does the vendor post the video to any networks targeted to the market of the video?
One of the most important aspects of a vendor-client relationship is their reporting methods. How well is the company keeping the client informed? Do the reports provide statistics and analytics of video views and comments? Is the vendor providing next steps for the client?
We get feedback from at least three clients of the firms we evaluate to understand their performance better. A few questions that we may ask clients of a video SEO firm to gauge their level of expertise are:
- What type of needs analysis was conducted before work initiated?
- What type of a ROI were you anticipating, what was achieved and in what time frame?
- What would be 3 things you would change about your experience?
- What was your total investment?
- Rate your overall experience (1-10; 10 being the highest).
Project Specific Queries:
- How are videos optimized for important key phrases? Are key phrases tagged?
- Are videos on the site being used as links to other content on the site or other portals?
- Are transcripts or other on-page copy provided for search engine indexing?
- Has a video sitemap been designed and put into place on the site?
- Has descriptive Meta Data been used for these videos?