Big Oak SEO
3781 Westerre Parkway,
Richmond, Virginia, USA 23233
- Major Clients:
- Year Founded:
- Fulltime Employees:
- Active Clients:
- Client Retention Rate:
- Primary Services:
- Secondary Services:
Key People at Big Oak SEO
Get Found on the Web. Grow Your Business with Big Oak. Measurable Results You Can Trust.
From SEO to Social Media to Inbound Marketing solutions, Big Oak offers creative ideas and proven strategies to help your business have success on the Web. Since 2004 we have been providing online strategies and marketing that provide more traffic, better conversions and business growth for our clients. We help you find Internet visitors and turn them into customers, increasing your brand recognition and increasing your ROI. We serve the Richmond, VA community locally and work with national clients.
Search engine optimization helps visitors find your site using the targeted keywords that best describe your company’s products or services. High rankings in the natural (i.e., organic) search engine results is what Big Oak works to achieve leading to additional traffic and conversions.
It’s about relevant keywords
Through constant research and testing Big Oak refines our methods of getting your website ranked highly in the search engines, no gimmicks, no deception and no methods that could get your site banned. Simple. Effective. Targeted.Keyword and Key Phrase Selection
We evaluate and research your keywords and phrases for competitiveness and look for similar words that are also used by searchers. We provide writing and editing services so your site’s content can be optimized for the correct keyword density.Improving Your Site’s Targeted Traffic
Each month we are proactively applying the newest techniques to maintain – and even increase – your rankings. We look for additional keywords that will help drive traffic to your site and review your site logs to see where your visitors are coming from, so we can make informed decisions on other channels you may want to explore. It’s important that you stay competitive. Because we keep up with the most current happenings in the SEO arena we are able to shift strategies as search engines evolve and algorithms change. You must keep up to speed to be effective in the SEO industry.Every SEO Client and Project is Different
Our success is largely due to tailored customer service, We enjoy helping our clients establish a search engine optimization campaign that will aid in their website promotion, fit their budget and achieve their long-term, online goals. No search engine optimization firm can guarantee #1 placement within the search engines. At Big Oak, we guarantee effort.
Performing search engine optimization while developing your website or redesigning your old site is a great way to maximize your budget and effort.
We are equally adept at working with companies located across the country and local companies in the Richmond, Virginia area.
Here is a list of just some of the tasks that are needed for any successful SEO campaign:
- Competition analysis
- Keyword and marketplace research
- Title tag and meta keyword optimization
- Verifying HTML code is correct
- Industry Directory Submissions
- Local Directory Submissions
- Monthly Consulting through email and phone calls
- Monthly SEO Reports
- Strategic link building through industry-related sites
Achieving high rankings for your website is always a challenge. When you are a business selling in a particular location, you need an SEO company that has expertise in local SEO. What if you have multiple locations? What if your business is located in the suburbs of a city you want to be ranking for? What if your metro area includes many smaller cities that you need to rank for? These are important considerations that our clients struggle with until we put them on the right path.Local SEO Services Offered
Big Oak understands the guidelines and algorithms required to get your site ranked high in Google as well as being shown in Google’s local results. How do we do this?
- On page optimization
- Local Directory listings
- Google Places setup and modifications to existing Places pages
- Submission and correction of your address and phone number on hundreds sites that house your information
- Local Press Release Submission
This is just the start and making sure your local address and phone number are consistent across the Internet can be a long-term project. At Big Oak we know how to manage this and where to make changes so you are accurately found by all the search engines and your customers will be able to find you in the search results and on the street.
Here is a screenshot of what the Google Local (or Google Business) look like now (2014). Look at the blue area and you can see that the Google local results provide more information such as an address, phone number and even reviews and a link to your Google+ page. Don’t have a Google+ page, we can help with that too; call us at 804-741-6776. It is extremely helpful for better local search results. We are showing results for “Richmond VA parks” but you can see how helpful this would be for your localized business.
Don’t lose out on local customers because you don’t show up in the local results. In today’s world, not appearing in the local results is just like not being in the yellow pages.
PPC can be a powerful tool to bring interested visitors to your site. The right clicks can turn into solid inquiries and sales. Whether you run a local, service-based business and are looking for phone calls – or a national, product-based website and are looking for online purchases – the right keywords, ads and landing pages are essential.
A pay-per-click campaign can work in tandem with a search engine optimization campaign – or may be used instead of SEO, depending on your company’s online goals, keywords, marketing plans, etc.There are a number of reasons we recommend pay-per-click campaigns to our clients. PPC can:
- Help you appear in the search engine results pages for keywords you are unlikely to rank for
- Allow you to easily test keywords to see if they draw clicks and conversions
- Give you access to local results in areas where you do not have a physical presence
- Let you promote short-term offers and sales within a limited timeframe
- Enable you to test marketing messages or landing pages
- Provide information on the keywords you should go after in your SEO campaign
A PPC campaign can be temporary solution or an ongoing strategy depending on your website, competition and needs. Pay-per-click can be set up for:
- Text ads on a search engine’s results pages (along with search-engine-owned web properties and partner sites)
- Banner ads on partner websites and apps
- Remarketing to customers who have already been to your website using both text and banner ads
This is our Google Partners page. All businesses claiming to be certified by Google, must have a page like this. We have AdWords Certified Managers on staff who have proven to Google that they are skilled in working in the Google environment and have deep knowledge of pay per click marketing. One member of our team, Eric Gehler, is a Google Community Ambassador. This is a very prestigious honor as Eric Gehler was one of the first Google Ambassadors and today there are only a few worldwide. We also work with Bing Ads which provides PPC advertising on the Yahoo! Bing Network.
The best way to see better results, and spend less money doing it, is through proper pay-per-click campaign set up and management. Your website will achieve higher traffic numbers, better conversion rates, viable leads, and enhanced online exposure. By doing a poor job of setting up the campaigns and then not spending time on managing them, you will find you are wasting money on errant clicks that cost too much and don’t lead to sales while driving unqualified traffic to your site.
What does being a Google Partner really mean?
From Google: Anyone can join Google Partners, but only trusted agencies can earn Google’s seal of approval and get listed on Google Partner Search, helping generate valuable new leads.
- Certifications: Show that you and your colleagues have advanced AdWords knowledge by getting certified in AdWords.
- Best practices: Demonstrate that you’re maximizing your clients’ performance by implementing the recommended best practices in their accounts.
- Spend: Show that your agency has a healthy amount of activity by meeting the Spend requirements across your managed accounts.
Launching a PPC campaign takes knowledge and time. Determining the keywords, correctly arranging the ad groups, writing good ad copy, working on the landing pages, and determining the bids takes expertise in understanding how to market to potential customers and how to work in Google’s AdWords or Bing Ads. After that, there isn’t a passive “maintenance” period – ad copy needs to be tested, bids need to be adjusted, keywords need to be added or paused, negative keywords need to be incorporated, and conversions watched. Our PPC experts can do all of this, taking the burden off you and your team.
Perhaps you have already-existing PPC campaigns you have set up, or are being run by another company. We are able to step in and make positive changes. We can evaluate what is working and make immediate modifications to improve your results. When your campaigns are set up correctly and strategically managed, you will find a decrease in what you actually spend. Our knowledge and expertise save you time and money over trying to get the same results through trial and error, or relying on outdated strategies from unhelpful partners.
Contact us to discuss your PPC needs. We’ll help you through considering your budget, how much you want to spend per lead/sale, the amount you should spend to test, etc.
Avg. Experience of Team
Avg. Project Cost
Time to Results
Inhouse vs Outsource
Avg. Distance to Client
Avg. Services Used by Clients
- #2 - Best Content Marketing Company Tuckahoe, Virginia, Apr 2019
- #2 - Best Content Marketing Company Prince George, Virginia, Apr 2019
- #4 - Best SEO Company Colonial Heights, Virginia, Apr 2019
- #4 - Best Content Marketing Company Bon Air, Virginia, Apr 2019
- #5 - Best Content Marketing Company Richmond, Virginia, Apr 2019
- #5 - Best SEO Company Hopewell, Virginia, Apr 2019
- #6 - Best Pay Per Click Management Company Petersburg, Virginia, Apr 2019
- #6 - Best Pay Per Click Management Company Mechanicsville, Virginia, Apr 2019
- #6 - Best Pay Per Click Management Company Montrose, Virginia, Apr 2019
- #7 - Best Pay Per Click Management Company Tuckahoe, Virginia, Apr 2019
- #7 - Best SEO Company Chester, Virginia, Apr 2019
- #7 - Best Local SEO Company Highland Springs, Virginia, Apr 2019
- #8 - Best Content Marketing Company Mechanicsville, Virginia, Apr 2019
- #8 - Best Content Marketing Company Hopewell, Virginia, Apr 2019
- #8 - Best Content Marketing Company Sandston, Virginia, Apr 2019
- #8 - Best Content Marketing Company Walkerton, Virginia, Apr 2019
- #9 - Best Local SEO Company Chester, Virginia, Apr 2019
- #9 - Best Content Marketing Company Glen Allen, Virginia, Apr 2019
- #9 - Best SEO Company Chesterfield, Virginia, Apr 2019
- #10 - Best Content Marketing Company Short Pump, Virginia, Apr 2019
- #10 - Best Local SEO Company Colonial Heights, Virginia, Apr 2019
- #2 - Best Pay Per Click Management Company East Highland Park, Virginia, Apr 2019
- #4 - Best Pay Per Click Management Company Richmond, Virginia, Apr 2019
- #4 - Best Pay Per Click Management Company Laurel, Virginia, Apr 2019
- #4 - Best Pay Per Click Management Company Highland Springs, Virginia, Apr 2019
- #5 - Best Local SEO Company Petersburg, Virginia, Apr 2019
- #5 - Best Content Marketing Company East Highland Park, Virginia, Apr 2019
- #6 - Best Local SEO Company Tuckahoe, Virginia, Apr 2019
- #6 - Best Content Marketing Company Laurel, Virginia, Apr 2019
- #6 - Best Pay Per Click Management Company Dumbarton, Virginia, Apr 2019
- #7 - Best Pay Per Click Management Company Hopewell, Virginia, Apr 2019
- #7 - Best Pay Per Click Management Company Bon Air, Virginia, Apr 2019
- #7 - Best Content Marketing Company West Point, Virginia, Apr 2019
- #8 - Best Pay Per Click Management Company Short Pump, Virginia, Apr 2019
- #8 - Best Local SEO Company Hopewell, Virginia, Apr 2019
- #8 - Best Content Marketing Company Amelia Court House, Virginia, Apr 2019
- #9 - Best SEO Company Tuckahoe, Virginia, Apr 2019
- #9 - Best Content Marketing Company Highland Springs, Virginia, Apr 2019
- #9 - Best Pay Per Click Management Company Bellwood, Virginia, Apr 2019
- #10 - Best Content Marketing Company Petersburg, Virginia, Apr 2019
- #10 - Best Content Marketing Company Chester, Virginia, Apr 2019
- #10 - Best Content Marketing Company Alberta, Virginia, Apr 2019