Social Media Within the Defence and Military SectorPrint this Page
November 14, 2016
November 15, 2016
Holiday Inn Bloomsbury, London, United Kingdom
+44 20 7827 6000
Social Media has become increasingly integrated into the fabric of military life in the 21st Century – not only as a means of reaching out to a global audience for recruitment and information but as a new front in warfare. Thus, SMi’s 6th conference on Social Media within the Defence and Military Sector provides the ideal platform to discuss how social media has become a vital tactical tool on and off the battlefield. With the biggest speaker lineup to date, hear from some of the leading social media experts including NATO, UK MoD, US DoD, SHRM, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc as they explore strategies in communications through social media in military activities.
· Discover a unique approach to both strategic communications and tactical use of social media on the ground during operations
· Learn from the military and commercial sector on how to create an effective social media strategy
· Discover how social media is intertwining with other aspects of warfare to create a multi-levelled war zone both in the real world and the virtual one.
· Explore how nations are using social media in new and innovative ways as digital communications becomes essential to the perception of military activities
· Panel Discussion: Overcoming the challenge of generating skilled personnel ready to engage in media operations
· Steven Mehringer, Head of Communications Services, NATO Headquarters
· Lieutenant Col (Ret’d) Andrew Morton, Director of Social Engagement, SHRM
· Cassandra St Louis, Head of Digital, Army Media and Communication, British Army
· Brad Kimberly, Director of DOD Social Media, US Department of Defense
· Kristin Shünemann MA, Head of Social Media, Bundeswehr
· Sofia Thulin, Communication Manager Social Media and Editorial, Corporate Communications, Saab AB
· Viktor Meca, Social Media Manager, Ministry of Defence of the Czech Republic
View the full conference agenda at www.military-socialmedia.com/topseos
HOW TO REGISTER:
Earlybird offers available –Book by 30 June to save £400, Book by 30 September to save £100.
Register online at: www.military-socialmedia.com/topseos